Sunday, March 27, 2016

Kroger,Tom Thumb,Easter Sunday



          A day that started like the previous ones, rain falling in sheets,at times a soft mist,almost invisible ,while it crept up against my skin , trickling down, my clothing gaining weight while becoming sodden with moisture,to sheets of rain,almost as a curtain made from water, its density,prohibiting my vision,laughing as I swim in its downfall, a child playing in puddles and soaked in a vertical lake,who watched by others, see a man trying to get out of the rain, while inside myself a child is bubbling in laughter, at the fact he can do this, not get in trouble,while others assume he is brave to face this torrent of water.
          Today was similar to my morning start in the rain,really a strange day with its constant changes. At first I lounged around ,yes being lazy,enjoying the rain,with its excuses,to not do anything,while driven to accomplish things, because I wanted to get something done. So, I went to Home Depot, got a washer and fixed the toilet seat,which the bolt had gone through. Overcoming my lethargy, started by the rain, and resulting in the paragraph above,hehehe.
          After wards went to have dinner at Christines, and upon getting there, dropped off the eggs,fake ones with candy,which Donna had made up[ the night before.Donna was not feeling well so we left upon arrival,returning home.The first Easter I had not spent with my loved ones. It was also to be the first Easter my brother and I would have shared in awhile. Soooooooooooo, after being home a bit, I left early for work, hoping I would catch everyone still there.Ahhhhhhh, the sadness felt inside,when upon arrival, I saw that all had left with the exception of those who resided within.. My heart though weighted with the absence of those gone, a sorrow rent of a special time now unshared, still gave wing to thoughts of those within. As I opened the door and saw a face ,my heart leaped, with the smile and joy,that small face shone upon my heart, when I entered.Not only one , but all faces rebounded with a smile ,their eyes telling the story we all wish to hear, I matter, irregardless of all material things ,the simple fact I was there ,mattered to them.
       How often in my past, have I hidden away, not only in the physical realm, more often and sadly
in that place of emotion and trust, myself unrevealed, simply due to the misconception, enforced by myself and my own misconception of others feelings, and belief in me. Here I am reborn! Within those smiles, and twinkling eyes, I am told, though I am not donned in a wealthy mans clothes, or maybe because I do drive a raggedy van,for whatever reason it may be,unconditionally i am loved here. It is funny, humorous, and frosted with a little sadness, to tell the truth, for the little ones here shower me with love untempered and pure from lifes trials, while the parents of these beautiful ones, know me. Their love freely given, has been tempered,they have seen me at the pinnacle of my life, not knowing what may happen tomorrow, and have also seen me while not at my worst,but in simple humanity, capable of doing or being wrong, imperfect as any man. For me , not to be the best, not to have riches to share, in a position where I can not help others but must instead ask for help, to depend on myself,instead of a position with authority, has truly been a road of enrichment,not for my pockets,hehehe, but in myself, with a lesson in humility, for spice,hehehe.I am so fortunate,for often, I say to myself,if I were to die today, it would be ok. I  dont want to die, but if I did, my life is not one full of grief over yesterdays problems, but a happiness borne of knowing I have loved and been loved,by the best,purrrrrrrrrrr,those closest to me, double purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.hehehe. I MADE A DIFFERENCE,I LOVED AND I HAVE BEEN LOVED,IF I DIE TODAY THE MEMORIESSSSS THAT MADE ME WHO I AM WILL BE CARRIED FORTH IN OTHERS AND THOUGH THERE WILL BE SOME TEARS,LAUGHTER AND LOVE WILL CARRY THE DAY.
         Now , I was only there for a few,but what a sweeeeeeeeeet few,then off to work. Where I remembered that the manager does not like me starting early,ughhhhhh. So upon arrival, I clean up my van, afterwords i go to pull some mats and the manager,told me as there were no customers I could start early,yeahhhhhhhh. Oh , before I forget, the sun came out on the way to work and the rain stopped for the first time in days, no drizzle, nothing,shocked I was when the wipers screeched across the glass with no moisture to quieten the sound. Ok,back to work,while doing the floors,a manager from the Express Lane store told me she had seen all of the Lewis family the day before.Not having heard much of them since the sale of the company, I was happy to hear they were doing well. After wards while working, a guy I know was asking why i don't do the Tom Thumbs anymore, stating they looked terrible and after explaining how the president of Tom Thumb fired me for going to Kroger, and that Kroger did nothing after discovering I had been honest with them, and that Tom Thumb corporate had been trying to pull a quickie on them. He suggested that I use a different name, because their floors really looked bad, but I told him it would not only be unethical, but as soon as they discovered it was me, that would end it anyway.
       I have since given it some thought and now that there is a new CEO, and the fact that former Representative Patronis stated he was wrong in not pursuing the issue when I brought it to his attention,maybe I will give it one more shot. It definitely cant hurt and who knows maybe something good will come of it,so stay tuned,hehehe. You never know, hell as much as I believe in things maybe a wish,or dream can come true, but for now that's a wrap,and hoping your Easter was as sweeet as mine.  


No comments:

Post a Comment