Monday, April 11, 2016

the title for my new song and Pepsi Spring jam



       I guess its time,I am going to write one, it has been years and ughhhh,hope I still can do it, its been a long time since I have wrote poetry or lyrics, but the other night, I made a statement, and it hit so hard,so true and is a core to what I believe I can not help but wonder why it has not been said before or at least to my knowledge. The thing we do for love, are amazing, the fact that we do these things willingly, without even a thought of the cost to ourselves, in the journey of taking care of those we love, is one of the beauties in being human. Sacrifice, done without a thought of it being a sacrifice, the fact that there is a quality in the time spent together, that does not require quantity in the time. Guess it is time to take my Ovation  out and give it a new set of strings, then work on learning how to play again,hehehe.This is gonna hurt,Lordy,the damage to my ears, the impatience of what I once took for granted must start anew, my fingers, Ouch.  Too much work,ughhhhhhh. Well we shall see.
      Went to the Pepsi Spring jam, and that was an eye opener for me, first of all I really did not have the money, 100 bucks, second of all I abhor country music and last but not least, sometimes i get tired of doing things by myself. Of course if I put myself out there more, I probably could find someone to go, maybe. Being true to yourself, being shy, and feeling different from everyone, it is not all its cracked up to be, sometimes I wish I was like everyone else and then I could fit right in with everyone. Enough of the sob story,hehe, all right lets get crackin here, I actually had a great time. First of all I loved the way it was scheduled,Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, the only thing that was not popular with me and others was the 11 pm shut down.Even the groups thought that was too early. I was actually surprised that I knew some of the songs, well bits and pieces, there were about 4 or 5 groups every night, with the headliner for each night finishing the show. Shows during the day were surrounded with warm fragments of wind, heightened with springs colorful sunshine, a reflection of the spirit of the cheerful crowd, basking in the double hitter of music and music that got progressively better as the the cool evening night lowered upon us. It got cold, into the 50s, a moist slithering cold that worked its way from the ground into your shoes and then encompassed your clothes, making you shiver. At least it attempted to,by now, the better groups are coming out, feet are breaking free of the cold earth,sliding, lifting themselves in a celebration of the mass communication of life's celebration, led by the musicians,sparking the crowds loss of inhibition,generating a warmth throughout the crowd defeating the cold. Voices lifted aloud even if hesitant and unsure, humanity sharing its praise, drifting upwards to the universe, a melting pot where human individuals, became more, melted into one. Simply glorious, where the musicians are the priests, the field the temple, and all sharing in the beauty of the moment as one. Defeating Mother Natures attempt to subdue our joy.
      A concert,for me is not only about the music, it is also an experience that is formed by the people ,those of the crowd, and the individuals you share the experience with. Uh oh used the same word twice in one sentence,bad boy, hehe. I can recall concerts of my past,from free concerts where we would all donate some change or a buck, and someone would run out to buy fruit that was shared through out the crowd, to going to concerts in the Boston Commons, with artist like Cyndi Lauper or Stevie Nicks, dead broke just enough money to pay for the mbta, and sitting or lying on the grass outside the  fence with hundreds more just enjoying the moment. While none of us were inside we all shared in the beauty of the moment,and it is those moments we aspire to remember. While we may or may not remember the individual group or person we usually recall the time spent, and when we do recall the musician it is not necessarily why we buy their music in the future but in an effort to recapture the joy of that moment.Ok. For me anyway,hehehe.
     I went in alone all 3 nights and was fortunate in that i spent my time on those nights with  some families from Michigan, who made my nights memorable in the gift of their companionship. The first and third night, I shared with a family whose last name was Bible,one of the few I will never forget,hehe. They also had with them, a friend named Windy and her children. I got a kick out of watching the children play, horsing around and constantly asking their father for this or that. The  wife and her girlfriend were dancing, enjoying themselves while all were still keeping an eye on the kids, the husband ,damn I wish i could remember names, was enjoying the hell out of it hooting,hollering and just having a good old time,while still being attentive to the kids and his wife. On top of that they made feel a part of , taking the time to teach me a little bit about each group, i swear they could have written a chapter on every group, then pointing out the songs the groups were famous for. All this and what i really thought was the greatest thing, you could see the affection, love they had for one another. To be allowed to share in their world, a beautiful time was forever engraven on my mind. I talked at length with their friend Windy, and felt kinda bad that her husband chose not to share the wonder of that time with her, of course here I was speaking from experience and we could empathize with one another a little. The first night we just happened to be sitting close together and because we were one of the few to start dancing early gravitated toward each other just talking, they made my night the 3rd night by telling me they had looked for me , and made it clear that it was ok to join up with them. SO COOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!  See it is the people,that make it what it is,purrrrrrrrrrr. Oh, and their sons birthday was at twelve the last night, I am sure he had a good one, even if he had to insist on it,hehehe, pretty cool dude. Oh, yeah,one of the girls liked to read, I brought my reader to read in between sets, which turned out to be unnecessary, hehe, but I could relate, and thought it was cool.
       The second night, a guy said it looked like i was having fun to which I replied yes, even if i did not care too much for country music, which got us talking,hehe. turned out him and his family were also from Michigan, I now know this is spring break for the kids up there,hehe. We kinda hung out together for awhile,just talking , evidently his father owns a liquor store and they supplied different concerts in his are,we talked about a  concert they did featuring EDM,electronic dance music, and also a biker rally their town had. though we did split up after a little bit, we still were within hailing distance,in addition toward the end of the show they explained they were leaving on Saturday,so were kind enough to give me a couple of wristbands that i could share with a friend or family.
       What else can you ask for, met some good people, was introduced to a different form of country,then I was expecting, and even learned a little more about music.Oh by the way,yes I asked if they had heard of Natalie Stovall,and while the Mr. Bible knew of her, his wife did not,and so i shared her with her,hehe,so the teacher learned from the pupil, sooooo funny. See, amid the drab day to day existence of living, beautiful times like this mark  those moments where life is so damn good.
       On Friday the county finally paid me,my bills are temporarily so screwed up,life i guess. The wife's car did come out of the shop, I feel for her not having the freedom she is accustomed to,however she did have the truck or my van available to her,she simply did not want to use them. So she is happy now she fly again, I miss her, and I knew she would be gone again,I can only wish her the best, and let her fly.Someday,maybe someway, my time will come, until then I will not stand in her way, for what good is something if it comes not freely but only through shackles of the mind. It is not what I would wish, but it is what it is,and to be true to what I believe, fly I say and soar with the stars.      

No comments:

Post a Comment